Ste. Claire undergoing restoration at her Detroit dock.

US. 207582, River Excursion Passenger Steamer built in 1910 by the Toledo Ship Building Co., Toledo, Ohio as Hull #116. Launched May 7, 1910 as STE. CLAIRE for the Detroit, Windsor & Belle Isle Ferry Co., Detroit, Michigan. 197’ LOA x 50’ width x 17’6" depth; 870 GRT, 507 NRT. Powered by a 1083 ihp triple expansion steam engine and two coal-fired Scotch boilers (later converted to oil-fired). Built for day excursions between Detroit and Bob-Lo Island. Also used on moonlight and charter trips. Laid up since September 2, 1991 at Nicholson’s Terminal awaiting a new owner. The text here is from the Marine Historical Society of Detroit and is used with permission.

For more on the restoration click here or the Updates Menu button at the top of the page.

 

Member Marine Historical Society of Detroit STEAM POWERED FOR MAXIMUM EFFICIENCY
  SOME SECTIONS OF THE SITE ARE  

 

 

Copyright © The Ste. Claire Restoration Project. All rights reserved.